PASSIONATE ABOUT PFAS REPLACEMENT? BIOPLASTICS INNOVATIONS?
Everything Seaweed (EvSe) is seeking an enthusiastic and forward-looking biochemist or analytical chemist to play a significant role as manager of our new laboratory, overseeing R & D initiatives. The role will be a mix of practical, hands-on laboratory activities and, as the company grows, supervisory. This is an opportunity for someone to get in at the ground stage of a high growth potential company in a high growth market.
Nov 1 start date, conditional on funding.
R & D Team Leader
About the Company
Everything Seaweed is a startup based in Maine preparing to contribute to the mitigation of petrochemical reliance and plastics waste by bioengineering a new, superabsorbent, biodegradable material made from seaweed cellulose nanofibers (CNFs). Based on two patented processes, EvSe’s first-of-its-kind zero-waste biorefinery will process several seaweed species for a wide range of secondary products, including alginate and carrageenan for the food additives market. Our primary products will replace synthetic fossil-fuel-based polymers in personal care, paper coatings (replacing PFAS) and drug release systems.
Within five years, Everything Seaweed expects to grow into a company employing about 39 highly skilled engineers, scientists and others. The company’s operations will span global seaweed sourcing, Maine-based manufacturing, product development and sales.
Supervise lab personnel, including students and technicians.
Lead research grant efforts, serving as principal investigator. Opportunities for publication.
Lead all company process- and product-development programs
Communicate within all levels of the company and with external institutions, service providers and potential customers.
- PhD or equivalent in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or a similar field. Will consider MS with industry experience.
- 5+ years analytical lab work with a clear understanding of relevant laboratory analytical methods.
- 3+ experience supervisory experience.
- Research and publication in a relevant field.
- Previous pilot plant experience in a relevant field.
- Experience with data interpretation and statistical analysis.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking.
- Clear communication both writing and speaking.
- Project management, including defining tasks, work breakdown structure ability, planning, creation of timetables, and tracking.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Team building.
- Must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
- Driver’s license.
- Some travel may be required.
Salary and Benefits
- Annual salary $90,000 - $120,000 depending on experience.
- Health care package
- Annual leave 20 days excluding national holidays.
Hours of Work
- 8 hours per day, 5 days per week (40 hours/week).
- Monday to Friday with occasional weekends.
How to Apply
- Send an email to Jessica Chalmers email@example.com
- Attach cv/resume and cover letter